Monday, March 30, 2015

Division of Churches and Gray Areas

i am going to get lots of opinions publishing this post. However I’d be less of a man if I say that I don’t have my own. I’m saddened by recent news with what’s happening to a local church I used to attend when I was younger.

Who I am and why I’m Writing this

I write this not as a critic, skeptic or even someone who has know-hows and whatnots in church building. I write this as a sinner in constant need of grace and salvation. I write this as a man who knows only that I have a relationship with Jesus as my Lord and Savior.
I have never been in a seminary, never taken any theological classes, and right now, I find myself not even in a church group because of my situation in life as a new dad and founder and CEO of 2 startup companies.
All I know is that God saved me, He is my Lord and I read His word daily and pray. I’ve read the Bible for 9 times now since I was 12 (I’m currently 26 years old). I’m a slow reader and as such, I read only 1 chapter a day – everyday.

No Black and White with Grace

I admit I do not completely know what happened. And as such I’m not even qualified to write this. However I think that people may benefit from my thoughts and convictions about the matter at hand.
The summary is that the local church is in a state of confusion as some of the church leaders opted to leave and start their own church. The reason for this is that they do not agree with some of the things in the policies and beliefs of the local church. Most of these things are in gray areas.

What? Gray areas? In the Bible?

Yep. As it is, God did not give us all the answers there is.
“The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.” - Deutoronomy 29:29
Why does God keep secrets?
I don’t know. But what I do know is this: the character of Christ is where knowledge ends and faith begins.
It is what will make clear the gray areas in your life.
What are some gray areas we have in the Bible? Check out Matthew 22:15-22
15 Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words. 16 They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians. “Teacher,” they said, “we know that you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are. 17 Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay the imperial tax to Caesar or not?”
18 But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19 Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius, 20 and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?
21 “Caesar’s,” they replied.
Then he said to them, “So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.
22 When they heard this, they were amazed. So they left him and went away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment