Thursday, July 9, 2015

Eternity Where???

Answer me this question: Where will you spend
eternity? Nobody can answer it but you. If I could
answer it for you, God knows I would. If the
mother
who wrote this request that I hold in my hand
and
said: "My heart will break if my boy is not saved"
- if
she could answer this question for her boy, I
know
she wold.
.
God has placed the power of choice and
determination in our hands. God may love, and
Jesus
may die, and the Spirit may plead, but you alone
can
settle the question of eternity. Answer me this:
Where
will you spend eternity?
.
Where will you spend it? I have no apology to
make
this evening for asking you to think about Eternity
when there are so many problems in time. I have
no
apology for asking you to think about the future
when
on all sides of us there is the cry of the needy,
burdens that must be lifted, and tears that must
be
wiped away. I cry out for this reason. A man is
never
fitted for time until he is prepared for eternity.
When my father
slipped away into eternity, one of his friends gave
me
his pocketbook. I opened it and found inside a
piece of
poetry, stained on one side as if with tears, and
pasted
together on the other as if worn with much
reading.
.
Some of the verses I remember after all these
years:
"How long sometimes a day appears,
And weeks, how long are they.
Months move as if the years
Would never pass away.
But days and weeks are passing by,
And soon must all be gone.
For day by day as moments fly,
Eternity comes on.
Days, months, and years must have an end,
Eternity has none.
'Twill always have as long to spend,
As when at first begun."
Tell me, this evening, where will you spend it?
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment