Friday, June 26, 2015

Today's devotion. Like A True Soldier

LIKE A TRUE SOLDIER
(METAMORPHOSIS)
#SOULFOOD
Saturday June 27, 2015

I had some free time yesterday from office so I took a time out. Just wanted to have, at least one hour off to relax my brain since I didn't have enough rest the previous night.

My eyes caught a movie about a rescue mission. I was watching this fearless soldiers die one after the other yet they kept pushing. Later one sacrificed himself to save the rest. Finally, they saved the hostages and succeeded as a team.

This is Christ' idea of Christianity. We are not here to save ourselves only. We are even bound to make sacrifices when needed.

This sacrifice is the content of the love which came with the new rule; "love your neighbour as yourself". Here, loving someone as yourself means you "treat people as you would want them to treat you".

If you live by this rule you have fulfilled 'a golden instruction'; "whatsoever you do to the least of your brothers, that you do unto me". Matt.25:40

Work like a true soldier: no retreat, no surrender till every foe is vanquished!

PRAYER: Lord grant me this grace and passion in Jesus name, Amen!

Read: 1 Tim.4:16; 6:12; Mark 12:31; 
Share on friends' walls, inbox/Repost/Rebroadcast

The #SOULFOOD Devotion Team
BBM: 7F4FA144
Like our page: www.facebook.com/SOULFOOD.DEVOTIONAL

0 comments:

Post a Comment