Saturday, May 16, 2015

'THE CASE FOR FREE WILL VS THE CONCEPT OF ELECTION' PART 1


The concept behind the Doctrine of Predestination and Election
tends to contradict several scriptural references throughout the
Bible...the New Testament, in particular. Though, I do see that
both predestination and election is taught in the Scriptures;
what I don't see is the concept in which it's being taught. It
doesn't necessarily make me correct and make them incorrect:
it simply means that I don't perceive it as they teach it. I admit,
I could absolutely be wrong. I am not accusing anyone of false
teaching here...merely trying to discern the X's from the O's.
In John 6, beginning with the 26th verse, Jesus is speaking:
26 Jesus answered them and said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled.
27 Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.”
28 Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”
29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”
30 Therefore they said to Him, “What sign will You perform then, that we may see it and believe You? What work will You do?
31 Our fathers ate the manna in the desert; as it is written, ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’”[d]
32 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, Moses did not give you the bread from heaven, but My Father gives you the true bread from heaven.
33 For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”
34 Then they said to Him, “Lord, give us this bread always.”
35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.
36 But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe.
37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.
38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.
39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.
40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”
Verse 37-39 tend to support the concept that man has absolutely
no choice in whether he or she will be saved or condemned. The
Father gave them to me..as in, the Father pre-selected them for
me. However, if this was so then why doesn't it harmonize with
the rest of the verses in this passage? Why go on to say 1 verse
later that this is the will of the Father who sent me, that
[EVERYONE] who sees the Son...and [BELIEVES] in Him may
(is eligible for to) [HAVE] eternal life; and I [WILL] raise him (the
one who BELIEVES) up at the last day? Would that not be an
all out lie? The entire passage deals with our coming to the
Lord to accept Him. If salvation is already predetermined and
selected only by God in advance, then salvation by faith is a
total sham. If we are saved whether we desire to be saved
or not and condemned whether we desire to be condemned
or not then we're mindless robots being maneuvered about
like puppets on strings. Then free will or free agency is a
ruse and the Bible is a book of contradiction.
John 10:7-10, 24-30
7 Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 All who ever came before Me[a] are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
24 Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, “How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”
25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me.
26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.[b] 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.
30 I and My Father are one.”
Jesus cannot be the Christ or the Messiah if He did not come to
save. If He's merely come to gather those whom are already
pre-saved then how is salvation by no other name? Would not
salvation be by election or predestination apart from Jesus
Christ? Wouldn't predestination and election negate the need
for a Savior, for if some are already saved then what would they
need saving from? That concept simply does not add up. It's
flawed to say the least.

0 comments:

Post a Comment